Friday, February 4, 2011

No-Fuss Potato Soup

Hopefully you all aren’t sick of all my soup recipes! I made this when I was babysitting two extra kids in addition to my usual four. I knew I wouldn’t have much time to cook dinner, so when I had a little down time, I threw this in the crock pot and let it go. By the time it was dinnertime, I was exhausted and we were all hungry, so this was really a lifesaver to have waiting for us.

So, I don’t have a picture of this because, well, it was one of those days where nothing is going the way you want them too and my family and I ate this faster than I could get a picture. It is too good not to share with you and if you think you don’t like mushrooms, then try it with them anyway. It gives this soup such a good flavor and if you don’t cut them too tiny, you can pick them out later (which is what my lovely daughter did).

No-Fuss Potato Soup

6 cups cubed potatoes (I prefer them not peeled)
5 cups water
4 chicken bullion cubes
½ cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped broccoli
½ cup chopped mushrooms
¼ cup butter
2 teaspoons salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
1 Tablespoon dried parsley

In a large crock pot, combine everything except the evaporated milk. Cover and cook on high for 6-7 hours or until vegetables are tender. Add milk and mix well. Cover and cook 30-60 minutes longer or until heated through. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment