Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Mini Quiche


 You could do a pre-made (or homemade) pie crust and put this in a regular pie pan for the traditional quiche. You just want to bake the crust for 10 minute before you put the filling in and increase the time to 45 minutes. I don’t know why, but for some reason it is more fun to eat something that is in individual portion sizes. You can pretty much put any veggies you think would be good in this or have on hand (spinach comes to mind). Any kind of cheese will do as well. I really loved the feta in this as I thought it took the flavor to the next level. 



Mini Quiche

6 pieces bacon
½ cup chopped onion
2 minced garlic cloves
6 eggs
¾ cup milk
1 cup chopped broccoli
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup cheddar cheese
¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook the bacon in a skillet on medium-high heat until done. Remove to a plate and let cool. Crumble bacon into small pieces. Drain all but 2 Tablespoons of the bacon grease out of the pan. Cook the onion and garlic in the bacon grease until the onions are soft and clear. Remove from heat and let cool. Meanwhile, mix the eggs and milk until beaten well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until combined. Spray muffin tins well with cooking spray and fill to the top with the egg filling. Cook for 30-35 minutes or until set and turning brown on the edges and top. To remove from the muffin tin, slide a knife around the edge and gently scoop it out.

Adapted from Allrecipes.com

4 comments:

Kara Henry said...

You need to invite me to dinner more often. I love quiche, but David doesn't, so I never make it. This looks AMAZING. yummmy yummy.

Melissa said...

Well, Kara, we can have dinner at my house every sunday! Or you have an open invitation to join us anytime. How does someone NOT like quiche??? Eggs, cheese, bacon? I see nothing to not like.

H said...

I might try this today! I am loving this blog Melissa! Keep up the good work! I hope you post all your lovely harvest projects this coming year to when the time comes.

Melissa said...

Glad you are enjoying it, Heidi! :) I am really liking doing it too. I will, of course post about my garden and what I do with the produce from it. :) I should post about the apples I've been working on dehydrating. Great idea!

Also, let me know how you like it if you do try it. I would love any feedback.

Post a Comment