Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Chicken Noodle Soup

It snowed today yet again. And when it snows all I want to do is make comfort food (and all my little ones want to do is go out and build a snowman). And what is more comforting than homemade chicken noodle soup? I am such a soup lover in the wintertime! In this recipe, I used homemade whole-wheat spinach noodles because I had some left over. I was a little worried how the flavor would be with the rest of the ingredients, but they turned out so good and really made it filling. Usually I just use the frozen noodles you get in the store (like these Grandma's Pasta) and they are just as good. This recipe makes about the right amount for my family of 6 when I make garlic breadsticks to go with it. I’ll post the recipe for the breadsticks tomorrow. They are so easy and you won’t want to miss their buttery goodness!

Chicken Noodle Soup

2 Tablespoon butter
1 cup chopped carrots
¼ cup chopped onions
1 clove minced garlic
2 cups shredded chicken
4 cups chicken broth
8 oz egg noodles
Salt and pepper to taste

Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the carrots in it, stirring occasionally, until they start to soften (about 5 minutes). Add the onions and garlic and cook until the onions are transparent. Set aside.

In a soup pot put the chicken, broth, noodles, and carrot/onion/garlic mixture. Heat on medium-high heat until carrots are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste.

1 comments:

MandeeFranee said...

the soup sounds good.. but that breadstick looks fantastic!!! looking forward to seeing that recipe! :)

Post a Comment