Saturday, March 2, 2013

Teriyaki Salmon

This is a great, quick main course. My kids gobbled this salmon up and it had really good flavor to it. You could make your own teriyaki sauce or use your favorite store bought marinade. I wasn't patient enough for the pan to get hotter, so I didn't get a good sear like I was hoping, but it still turned out well. I served this with rice and roasted carrots and parsnips. It would be good with a salad on the side, too.

Teriyaki Salmon

1 cup of your choice of teriyaki marinade
6 salmon fillets
2 tbsp olive oil

Put salmon fillets and marinade in a ziplock bag. Let marinade for at least 30 minutes. Heat up a pan on high heat, add oil and continue heating until it starts to smoke. Drain marinade, but reserve. Add salmon to the hot pan and cook on each side for two minutes. Turn heat to low, add the reserved marinade, cover and let cook 5-6 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork. Serve immediately and enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment