Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Banana Muffins

I know, I know. I've been MIA for way too long. I promise I've been cooking and baking still... just lost my motivation to take pictures of the final products. I promise I'll be better about it!

So, I've made many a loaves of banana bread in my day and I like it, but it's not always exactly what I want or the most exciting thing to eat. My kids went, well, bananas for these muffins though and I will make them again and again. My favorite thing about them is they freeze beautifully and only take a minute in the microwave to taste fresh out of the oven rather than from the freezer. When I freeze baked goods like these I put them in the freezer on a cookie sheet not touching each other for about an hour and then put them all in a gallon freezer bag with the date and what they are written in sharpie on the bag. This will make sure that they don't stick together during the freezing process.




Banana Muffins

Yield: 12-15 muffins (I doubled this recipe and got 2 1/2 dozen)

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
4 large ripe bananas, mashed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions:
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin well with nonstick spray and set aside. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and beat. Add mashed bananas and vanilla and beat well. Mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl with a fork until combined. Gradually add to banana mixture, mixing just until flour is not visible.  Scoop about 1/4 cup (I used a large cookie scoop and it turned out perfectly) batter for each muffin. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center comes out clean. Break open, spread with butter and prepared to be amazed by how delicious of a muffin this makes.

If you do this in bread form it will make 1 regular sized loaf. You should increase the time that you bake it to 45-50 minutes.

Adapted from: Don't Panic - Dinner's in the Freezer

0 comments:

Post a Comment